Pages

Thursday 23 September 2021

The day I woke up with superpowers

 The day I woke up with superpowers


“It was finally the weekend!” I said as I hopped out of bed. I walked over to my dresser and started to brush my hair. My Mum knocked on my door and asked if I was going to be ready to come on a walk in 15 minutes. I said yes.


As I walked down the hallway my brother followed close behind me.  I went into the kitchen to grab an apple.  As I started cutting it up,  my brother looked at me and said,  “You know, I really wish we could go back to Christchurch for a vacation”.  “Same, I wish we could too.  “Too bad we are in lockdown” I said.   All of a sudden a big tornado appeared from nowhere. There was a big flash of light and within a blink I got teleported to my Grandad’s living room in Christchurch. I stood there for a moment in shock as I couldn’t believe what had just happened. After what seemed to be a few hours of walking back and forth trying to figure out what had happened, I decided to test my luck.  “I wish I could go to Akaroa”.  Within a moment, a big greyish tornado appeared again  and teleported me to Akaroa! I spent the day walking around the small town in a bit of a daze.  I thought I would try teleporting one more time.  “I wish I could go back to Fiji, back to the Radisson Resort”.  A greyish tornado swirled around me.  I closed my eyes and got pushed back to the ground by the tornado. I sat there confused, so I tried again.   “I wish I could go back to Fiji.” The same greyish tornado swirled and twirled around me, picking me up and then once again it pushed me to the ground. I started to panic.   I thought I should try teleporting home but the same thing happened! I decided to search up Google on how to teleport back home. I ended up having to walk 10 kilometres to a special superpower/magic shop in the city centre of Christchurch.  The shop was called “The Magic Shop” and it was down a narrow arcade in the city.   


I was greeted by an older man.  He was very friendly and had a big smile on his face.  His brown eyes sparkled like jewels.  He was tall like my Dad.  His hair was black but it had bits of grey through it too.  His voice sounded so familiar to me.  This man reminded me so much of my Grandad Kerry who had passed away two years ago.  He lived in Christchurch with my Nana Jan. I explained the reason for my visit to the man.  He gave me the potion bottle.  It was a small glass bottle. The size of a Pamol bottle.  On the outside it said GK tele-potion.  A shiver down my spine zapped me. I asked him what the “GK” stood for.  He said it stood for Great Ken’s tele-potion.


“Why do you ask what the GK stood for?”  he said.


“You remind me so much of my Grandad Kerry. I used to call him GK. You look, even talk like him.” I said.


 “Oh wow!  What a coincidence!  The only difference is our names are different!” he chuckled.


“My GK was very special to me.  I really miss him.” I said.


“I’m sorry you’re Grandad passed away.  He sounds like a nice man.  Do you know they say that there is a twin somewhere else in the world of someone you know.  Perhaps that’s what it is! I bought this shop two years ago!”  he said.


I listened to Ken’s instructions. He gave me a piece of paper which came with the potion.

I opened the bottle.  The potion smelt like mango and pineapple, a tropical kind of smell.  I tilted my head back and proceeded to take the potion.  I thanked Ken again for the potion and said goodbye to him.   I waited a couple minutes then tried teleporting again. I stood as still as I possibly could and wished to go back home and before I knew it  a big big greyish tornado pulled me off the ground and teleported me back home.  Everything was exactly the same as I left it. My brother continued talking as if I was there the whole time.  What a crazy day!


The End


3 comments:

  1. The Magic shop years ago was De Larnos . Cool place

    ReplyDelete
  2. The superpowers story was excellent. I wish i could wish like that especially during lockdown. The story made my eyes leak when thinking of GK.He would be very chuffed at the way you wrote that story.Pat youself on the back sweetxx. And Haydens may have enjoyed the peace and quiet when you were gone haha.


    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Eden
    Wow another very impressive piece of writing you have produced! I love the language choices you have made "Shiver down my spine" it really hooked me in as a reader and helped me feel the emotions as the story went on.
    Well done
    Miss Hudson

    ReplyDelete

Please structure your comments as follows:
Positive - Something done well
Thoughtful - A sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what they had to say
Helpful - Give some ideas for next time or ask a question you want to know more about